I am not a morning person. At all. I loathe setting my alarm, and I could happily sleep in until gone midday if you let me. As a non-morning person, there are many things I’ve heard in my life about the early hours of the morning that grind my gears. If you ever have the pleasure of meeting me before 10am, please refrain from using any of the following!
1. Oh, stop complaining, it’s not even that early! If I say it’s too early; it’s too early. Be quiet.
2. But I get up at this time every day! Don’t start with this one. If I have to be up by 8am and want to moan about it; I will. I don’t care what time you get up in the morning. Not my life.
3. Why do you need 17 alarms? Seriously who wakes up on their first alarm? It’s not me you should be judging; WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE.
4. I can’t believe you skipped breakfast, it’s the most important meal of the day! Well isn’t that fab? I do eat three meals a day, it’s just that one of them is at 10pm. And it’s usually cereal, so really I’m just doing it backwards.
5. Why are you having a nap? You didn’t even get up that early. If I am tired, you try and stop me napping. I guarantee you won’t be able to.
This post is inspired by the fact that I have been awake at 7am every day this week. Feel bad for me, I’m tired and needy.
If you’re a late sleeper like me, is there anything else you think I’ve missed? If you’re a morning person, what gets on your nerves about people who aren’t?